Independent Living Skills Training
ETCIL provides individualized life skills training for persons with disabilities who lack certain skills and desire to gain a particular skill in order to be more independent. Skills such as:
- Socialization skills
- Goal setting
- Problem solvingHealth Care
- Personal care
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Types of housing needs
- Tips for renters
- Identifying subsidized housing
- Keeping one’s living space clean
- Laundry (washing, folding, ironing)
- Grocery shopping
- Money Management
- Financial assistance
- Budget & Bill Pay
- Meal planning
- Food preparation
- Kitchen safety
- Setting goals and objectives.
- Effective communication
- Recognizing/coping with feelings/emotions of self/others
- Stress management
- Coping with the values and expectations of peers, the community, and society
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships
- Attaining and maintaining a high level of motivation
- Coping with the environment
- Obtaining and Maintaining Employment
- Career development and job assistance programs
- Effective application and interview techniques
- Selecting a job that is consistent with individual needs
- Skills training programs
- Employer and co- worker expectations and values
- Strategies and techniques for maintaining employment.
We also provide Vocational Rehabilitation Services through the Texas Workforce Commission and Individual Counseling services Please call to inquire about these specific services.
We are always available 24/7!
Our interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any medical emergency. Give us a call, anytime.